I am a sixth year Ph.D. student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto.
I received a Bachelor of Applied Science and Masters of Applied Science from the same department.
I focus on computer systems, under the supervision of my supervisor Ding Yuan.
Projects and Publications
- David Lion, Adrian Chiu, and Ding Yuan. M3: End-to-End Memory Management in Elastic System Software Stacks. In Proceedings of the Sixteenth European Conference on Computer Systems, EuroSys ’21, pages 507– 522. ACM, 2021 (pdf, conference link, code)
- Yongle Zhang, Serguei Makarov, Xiang Ren, David Lion, and Ding Yuan. Pensieve: Non-Intrusive Failure Reproduction for Distributed Systems Using the Event Chaining Approach. In Proceedings of the 26th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, SOSP ’17, pages 19–33. ACM, 2017 (pdf, conference link)
- Naif Tarafdar, Thomas Lin, Nariman Eskandari, David Lion, Alberto Leon-Garcia, and Paul Chow. Heterogeneous Virtualized Network Function Framework for the Data Center. In 27th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, FPL ’17, pages 1–8. IEEE, 2017
- David Lion, Adrian Chiu, Hailong Sun, Xin Zhuang, Nikola Grcevski, and Ding Yuan. Don’t Get Caught in the Cold, Warm-up Your JVM: Understand and Eliminate JVM Warm-up Overhead in Data-Parallel Systems. In 12th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, OSDI ’16, pages 383–400. USENIX Association, 2016 (pdf, conference link, code, more info)
- Xu Zhao, Yongle Zhang, David Lion, Muhammad Faizan Ullah, Yu Luo, Ding Yuan, and Michael Stumm. lprof: A Non-intrusive Request Flow Profiler for Distributed Systems. In 11th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, OSDI ’14, pages 629–644. USENIX Association, 2014 (pdf, conference link, more info)
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Last updated: 2022-01-18
davidlion2 at gmail dot com
david dot lion at mail dot utoronto dot ca